Finance & Risk Committee
Dermot has 42 years experience in Retail, Corporate and Private Banking with AIB Group. Roles included Head of Recruitment, Senior Manager Corporate Banking London, Manchester and Corporate International Banking Dublin responsible for the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Medical sectors.
The later part of Dermot’s career was in the role of Senior Manager Private Banking and Senior Executive Goodbody Stockbrokers. He was Chairman at Willow Park Junior School (primary school to Blackrock College) from 2015 to 2020 and a member of The Institute of Bankers and Licensed Representative of the Irish Stock exchange.
Volunteer Financial Accountant with RCCG.
Aisling O’Reilly (Chair)
Aisling holds an Honours Degree in Business and Accountancy, is a qualified accountant with the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) since 2016 and is currently studying for a Masters of Economic Science in Policy Analysis with the Institute of Public Administration (IPA). She has worked in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General since 2014 and has considerable experience and expertise in Public Sector Financial procedures and Governance requirements.
Aisling is a Tallaght native and has two children, a son and a daughter. She has a keen interest in social policy, early intervention and evidence based policy. She is currently training in restorative practices.
Director of Finance and Governance, Institute of Public Health Ireland.
The CDI CEO and Finance Officer will also attend meetings, the latter acting as Secretary to the Committee.
The quorum for the committee is 2 members.
This Committee deals with financial management and risk assessment and minimisation, and reports to the Board. In particular it will undertake the following:
- Agree budget/budget revisions;
- Review summary finance reports from service providers;
- Monitor and review quarterly management accounts;
- Monitor and review announcements about the organisation’s financial performance and financial controls;
- Approve and review internal Financial Policies and Procedures;
- Discuss other financial and compliance matters in relation to the company.
- Make recommendations to the Board about the appointment, pay and conditions of the external Auditor.
- Meet with the External Auditor and have oversight of the External Audit;
- Monitor and review the accuracy of the financial statements including Directors Report, etc for presentation to the full Board.
Monitor progress relating to risk management including the Risk Register Review and the annual compliance conducted by CDI in relation to the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charity Organisations in Ireland.