Business Development Committee
Terms of Reference
Jerome White (Chair)
Originally from Cork, Jerome joined the Coca-Cola Company directly on graduation and subsequently progressed through a series of senior sales and marketing roles both domestically and internationally. He concluded his service with Coca-Cola as Commercial Director for Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo. Jerome later joined the John West seafood business and served as their Commercial Director for Ireland.
Latterly Jerome has served in senior public affairs and communication roles, initially as National Director of the Irish Brewers Association, the trade association representing the interests of the Irish Brewing industry and subsequently as Director of Responsible Retailing of Alcohol in Ireland. This second body was established under the auspices of the Minister for Justice and the Minister for Health working in partnership with all the leading retail groups operating in the Republic of Ireland. Jerome currently lectures in both UCD and TU Dublin.
Jerome holds a BA in History & Economics from UCC and a Post Graduate Diploma in General Management from IMD in Lausanne. He recently completed an MSC in Sport Management from UCD.
Tanya Hughes – Ballybeen Womens Centre
To be updated.
The committee will seek to retain a 50:50 balance of Board and external members.
CDI CEO; Finance Manager, Business Development & M&E Manager (Secretary to the Committee).
The Business Development Committee will guide and support the establishment and growth of CDI’s Business Development function.
Functions of the Business Development Committee are:
- To provide the support, direction and focus for CDI’s Business Development function;
- To transfer and communicate the income generation targets set out in the Options Appraisal and Implementation Plan to meaningful income generation targets and a work plan;
- To share networks and contacts in order to establish opportunities for introducing CDI, presenting speculative proposals or establishing service design and delivery partnerships;
- To provide a challenge function to draft proposals, tenders or speculative service ideas;
- To bring commercial expertise and ethos to CDI where it is required to generate earned income;
- To ensure that the move towards additional income generation remains aligned with CDI’s Strategy and consistent with its values and ethos.