Business Development Committee
Terms of Reference
- Brendan Cremen (Chair), Advisor, University Bridge Fund;
- John Murray, IBM;
- Tanya Hughes, Ballybeen Womens Centre.
The sub-committee will seek to retain a 50:50 balance of Board and external members.
CDI CEO; Finance Manager (Secretary to the Committee).
The Business Development Sub-Committee will guide and support the establishment and growth of CDI’s Business Development function.
Functions of the Business Development Sub-Committee are:
- To provide the support, direction and focus for CDI’s Business Development function;
- To transfer and communicate the income generation targets set out in the Options Appraisal and Implementation Plan to meaningful income generation targets and a work plan;
- To share networks and contacts in order to establish opportunities for introducing CDI, presenting speculative proposals or establishing service design and delivery partnerships;
- To provide a challenge function to draft proposals, tenders or speculative service ideas;
- To bring commercial expertise and ethos to CDI where it is required to generate earned income;
- To ensure that the move towards additional income generation remains aligned with CDI’s Strategy and consistent with its values and ethos.