Business Development Committee
Terms of Reference
Details available shortly.
Frank has a Master’s Degree in Business Studies, a B.A. in Economics & History, a Post Graduate Diploma in Education, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management. He is a former lecturer in Marketing and New Enterprise Development at Dublin City University and a former College Teacher in Economics at Technological University Dublin. However, much of his career has been as a practitioner in New Business Development which included starting, developing, and selling a number of his own companies. He has also been centrally involved in the planning, start-up, and development of a number of social enterprises.
Tanya Hughes – Ballybeen Womens Centre
To be updated.
The committee will seek to retain a 50:50 balance of Board and external members.
CDI CEO; Finance Manager, Business Development & M&E Manager (Secretary to the Committee).
The Business Development Committee will guide and support the establishment and growth of CDI’s Business Development function.
Functions of the Business Development Committee are:
- To provide the support, direction and focus for CDI’s Business Development function;
- To transfer and communicate the income generation targets set out in the Options Appraisal and Implementation Plan to meaningful income generation targets and a work plan;
- To share networks and contacts in order to establish opportunities for introducing CDI, presenting speculative proposals or establishing service design and delivery partnerships;
- To provide a challenge function to draft proposals, tenders or speculative service ideas;
- To bring commercial expertise and ethos to CDI where it is required to generate earned income;
- To ensure that the move towards additional income generation remains aligned with CDI’s Strategy and consistent with its values and ethos.