Business Development Committee
Terms of Reference
Brendan Cremen is a senior business and technology innovation executive. His experience spans 25 years in the start-up & multinational ICT industry in the US and Ireland and 10 years in the development of the commercialisation agenda within the Irish university sector, most directly with UCC and UCD. He is presently an advisor to the University Bridge Fund managed by Atlantic Bridge and set up to venture fund new companies formed and spun-out from the Irish university system.
Tanya Hughes – Ballybeen Womens Centre
To be updated.
The committee will seek to retain a 50:50 balance of Board and external members.
CDI CEO; Finance Manager (Secretary to the Committee).
The Business Development Committee will guide and support the establishment and growth of CDI’s Business Development function.
Functions of the Business Development Committee are:
- To provide the support, direction and focus for CDI’s Business Development function;
- To transfer and communicate the income generation targets set out in the Options Appraisal and Implementation Plan to meaningful income generation targets and a work plan;
- To share networks and contacts in order to establish opportunities for introducing CDI, presenting speculative proposals or establishing service design and delivery partnerships;
- To provide a challenge function to draft proposals, tenders or speculative service ideas;
- To bring commercial expertise and ethos to CDI where it is required to generate earned income;
- To ensure that the move towards additional income generation remains aligned with CDI’s Strategy and consistent with its values and ethos.