Restorative Practices Training and Consultancy
CDI offer a number of RP consultancy services as follows:
- Support and facilitation of communities and organisations to develop and implement clear and achievable RP implementation plans;
- Bespoke training for organisations that is designed to meet particular organisational needs;
- Ongoing mentoring and training for organisations and communities embedding restorative practices;
- Facilitation of RP Communities of Practice that bring people in communities or organisations together to reflect on their use of restorative practices, to troubleshoot, and to share learning and best practice;
- Provision of booster training to upskill participants in line with expressed needs (e.g. training in how to facilitate Communities of Practice on an ongoing basis);
- Facilitation of restorative meetings to address and resolve conflict between individuals, in groups, and between groups; and
- Facilitation of restorative conferences to repair harm caused by serious wrongdoing (e.g. bullying).
To discuss your RP consultancy needs, contact Claire Casey, email@example.com
CDI offers the following Restorative Practices Training Courses:
Getting Started with Restorative Practices
This training course takes place over two mornings a week apart and provides an overview of Restorative Practices along with practical tools for using a restorative approach in your daily life. When you have done this short course, you will be able to:
- Use Restorative Language: This is a way of talking that promotes empathy and understanding between colleagues and service users. Using restorative language helps us to build relationships and to stop conflict getting out of hand; and
- Have Restorative Conversations: These are conversations we have with others if we have a problem with another person when either they have let us down or we have let them down. Sorting the problem out restoratively really helps with keeping the relationship healthy.
We are offering Getting Started With Restorative Practices courses on the following dates:
- 9.30am — 1pm: 7th & 14th October 2020
- 9.30am — 1pm: 4th & 11th November 2020
To book a place on this course please click here
Restorative Practices Facilitation Skills
This training is open to people who have done our Getting Started With Restorative Practices course or its equivalent and takes place over three consecutive days. People doing this training learn how to facilitate:
- Restorative Circles: Which can be used to build good relationships or to solve problems in groups.
- Restorative Meetings: Which are used to resolve conflict in groups; and
- Restorative Conferences: Which are used to address serious wrongdoing. RP conferences work on the basis that the wrongdoer takes responsibility for their actions and the people harmed by the wrongdoing are supported to overcome and move on from harm.
We are offering Restorative Practices Facilitation Skills on the following dates:
- 9:30am — 5pm: 25th, 26th and 27th November 2020
To book a place on this course please click here
Restorative Practices Training of Trainers (ToT)
This training is open to all who have completed CDI's Getting Started with Restorative Practices and Restorative Practices Facilitation Skills. The course takes place over five consecutive days and provides participants with the tools to deliver RP training in their chosen setting.
- Participants will learn how to train others in the implementation RP as an individual, organisation and community.
- Participants will gain the skills and expertise for training others to embed RP as “business as usual” in their lives, organisations and communities.
- The course will include learning for participants about Quality Assurance of the use of RP in organisations and communities.
- Participants will be provided with a full list of references and the resources they will need for the delivery of RP training to their chosen target groups.
Participants in this Course are required to:
- Have undertaken CDI’s training in Restorative Practices i.e. “Getting Started With RP” and “RP Facilitation Skills” OR RP Skills for Positive Classroom and Schools Norms (Summer Course);
- Have experience of using restorative practices in their lives and work;
- Have organised to deliver RP Training to their chosen target group withen six months of completing the training at which they will be observed by a CDI Trainer; and
- Attend four x 2 hour Communities of Practice with fellow participants between September 2020 and January 2021.
In addition, participants will be issued with reading material before and during the course that they will be required to read.
Application for this Course is via an application form, a copy of which can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Restorative Practices Skills for Positive Classroom and School Norms Summer Courses for Primary and Post-Primary Teachers 2020
This Course Will:
- Provide participants with knowledge and understanding of the use of RP in schools;
- Skill participants to use RP to support their teaching practice;
- Skill participants to use RP to support their work and life outside the classroom;
- Inspire and enable participants to use restorative skills in their work and life; and
- Explore the potential of a Restorative approach for creating and maintaining a positive relational environment in the classroom and school as a
What Participants have to say about our Summer Course:
- “Highly enjoyable training, delivered in a professional and clean manner with a fantastic injection of ”
- “I really enjoyed the training and it will really benefit me in both my personal and professional ”
- “I found the course to be very insightful and of good quality. The facilitators were very knowledgeable and helpful in the sharing of skills and ”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the training and will be recommending my staff train up as I believe RP is the way forward.”
The Course will be delivered both online and face to face on 17th -21ST August 2020 from 10:00-2:30 pm
Several Education Centres will be delivering the Restorative Practices Summer Course for teachers both online and face to face. For more information and to book please follow the link RPSummerCoursesBookingLink
If you would like to book any of the above courses please click here
For further information on RP training tailored for your organisations needs contact George on email@example.com