Co-authored by a primary school teacher and a speech and language therapist, merging both disciplines to provide a practical, useful and informative summer course for you.
proven to build your confidence for addressing SLCN in primary schools
This course will
- Enhance teachers’ understanding of speech, language and communication needs in the classroom and beyond;
- Develop primary teachers’ knowledge about how to effectively support children’s oral language development in a mainstream classroom and how to identify and support children with speech and language needs;
- Outlines evidenced based practice in language instruction for junior and senior classes with practical tips and activities;
- Provides teachers with knowledge of how and when to intervene in and respond to language use, and knowledge of how to provide contexts for language development;
- How to talk to parents about their child’s speech, language and communication needs, how to make a referral to SLT;
- Engage teachers in the process of self-evaluation of their individual practice, and equip the teachers with several tools that can be used in the future to gather evidence and make judgments about their teaching practice and to assess the impact of practice improvements;
- Reflect on School Self-Evaluation (SSE) to ensure that participation leads to outcomes that support SSE.
Feedback from last years participants:
- This course is approved by the Department of Education and Skills;
- 1 online course – 3 EPV days entitlement
- Begins: Thursday, 1st July 2021 and must be completed by Friday, 16th July 2021 at 5.00pm;
- Approximately 20 hours of study;
- Participants must engage with the online forums;
- Complete this course at a pace that suits you;
- Assignments for each module must be completed;
- When you have successfully completed your course you will receive your CPD Certificate.
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.
Add this course to your calendar