Restorative Practices CPD Online workshops
This short CPD course is for Restorative Practice trainers, and aims to deepen our understanding about values and needs.
“Collaboration is a very exacting discipline, and rests on only one uncompromising commitment: to attend to everyone’s needs.”
This quote from author and teacher Miki Kashtan reminds us of the foundational value of becoming skilful at knowing and naming needs if we want to engage in effective collaboration. We already use values to support effective restorative practices; and knowing the language of needs deepens our connection and understanding of others.
Exploring Values and Needs Format:
The Course will be delivered online via ZOOM over four sessions on Wednesday evenings. Weekly sessions will cover four topics:
1. What are my met and unmet needs I am not able to acknowledge when I hear myself say “I must”, “I should”, or “I have to”?
2. Feeling torn and finding clarity and owning my choices.
3. Noticing differences, looking for common values, and naming similarities.
4. Holding everyone’s needs with care
The Course will also include:
• Weekly readings;
• Weekly conversations with a partner;
• Pre and post self-evaluation; and
• Post-course evaluation.
Exploring Values and Needs will begin on:
- Wednesday the 13th of May from 7.30 to 9pm
and continue for the next three Wednesday evenings, ending on
Wednesday the 3rd of June from 7.30 to 9.30pm
- The Course Fee is €50.
(RP Trainers and Quality Specialists are entitled to a 50% discount.)
Places on this course are limited to a maximum of 30 participants; if you are interested, it is highly advisable to book early.
Time: 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.
Add this course to your calendar