Overall this course aims to:
- Provide participants with knowledge and understanding in Evidence-Informed Approaches (EIA) in schools by blending theoretical and practical considerations in a user-friendly way, to ensure that participants can emerge from the course with practical tips for supporting EIA in the classroom and beyond.
Specifically, the course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the difference between outputs, inputs, outcomes, and activities, and use these effectively in planning.
- Develop a Theory of Change or Logic Model to enable clarity of approach and expected outcomes.
- Integrate reflective practice techniques to enhance their role as educators and to achieve the standards identified under Domains Three and Four of the Digital Learning Frameworks for Primary and Post Primary Schools.
- Understand how they can best lead change and support colleagues in taking on new approaches.
- Mentor colleagues and balance scrutiny with support.
- Use EIA to support their teaching practice and consider supports that are available beyond the classroom.
- Work effectively with their colleagues through the use of common language and approaches.
- The steps and mechanisms for implementing a whole-school approach to EIA that supports the process of School Self Evaluation (SSE) will be a key component of the course.
- Participants learn how quality curriculum delivery fits within an evidence-informed framework.
- Participants will learn to use an ‘Exploring Personal Characteristics’ tool and discuss its benefits and challenges within SSE processes, and how an understanding of personal learning approaches can inform teaching, communication and relationships.
- This course is approved by the Department of Education and Skills
- 3 EPV days entitlement
- Monday, 5th July 2021 – Friday July 5th , 9.30- 14.00
- Approximately 20 hours of study;
- This course is delivered over Zoom with two trainers, breakout rooms and interactive methods will be used to encourage collaboration between participants
- A reflective diary is completed throughout the course
- When you have successfully completed your course you will receive your CPD Certificate.
Date(s): 05/07/2021 - 09/07/2021
Time: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Time: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.
Add this course to your calendar